2006 Apr 10 12:00

Re: [vox-tech] Automating web site interaction

Re: [vox-tech] Automating web site interaction

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Bruce Wolk wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for some software that I can run as a cron job to go to a specific website, autheticate itself on a login web page with a userid and password, then go to a specific page on the site and mimick a button click?

Thanks.

Bruce
Dear Bruce,

I've written software like that in perl. There are libraries available that do the form parsing and button clicking for you. I haven't looked for an application to do it, though. It seems like setting up the application would be as complicated as the programming anyhow. If you decide to go with perl, let me know and I will dig up some old sample code.

Yours,

Chris