2006 Feb 27 19:58

Re: [vox-tech] grub blunder

Bob Mullan said the following:
Bruce
Thank you for your help. In Knoppix one can select the drive from the top
right of the desk top screen. By default they are not writeable. You can
toggle them to writeable which I assume I would have to do to use the
install-mbr command. Right? Well if so I'm between a rock and a hard place
because I am given to understand that changing the read write status of the
NFTS drive in Knoppix is very risky. Do you have any views on this?
Bob

I don't think there is any risk since you are only writing to the MBR and won't affect the file system at all.

Bruce