2006 Feb 24 16:06

[vox-tech] Defrag of Shared drive

Ok, so I've gotten used to the idea that my native Ext3 partition doesn't need regular defrag, but what about my shared Fat32 on my dual boot with WinXP.

Everytime I boot into windows if I've been messing with my Files on my 100GB shared partition where I keep photography, music etc. windows needs a defrag. Now I use linux at a higher % and when I go to windows its really for a few select high processing apps that would be a pain to run in Wine(Although that for other reasons) and I haven't tried VMware (on the Todo list) so I would prefer to defrag while in linux as to not waste my windows time.

Any suggestions for tools or apps I should use.
Alex

Ubuntu 5.10 Breezy