2006 Feb 24 11:00

Re: [vox-tech] linux and viruses

On Thursday 23 February 2006 10:26 pm, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Thu 23 Feb 06,  6:31 PM, Cylar Z <cylarz@yahoo.com> said:
> > It turns out that he was not even aware that Linux can speak TCP/IP and
> > supports DHCP client networking functions.
>
> That's mind blowing, no matter what his background or concentration is.
> Doesn't he read books or magazines related to his field?

Or, getting back to viruses, he might want to read a newspaper.  It seems to
me that everytime I read about some dangerous virus outbreak in the newspaper
I'm told that Linux and Mac users are safe.  And it turns out that with some
of these viruses nowadays even we Windows98 users are safe.  (He he he, I
don't need no XP.  My accountant actually used the virus issue as an argument
for not upgrading from 98 to XP.)

A few weeks ago I met a guy who told me he switched from Windows to Linux
because he was simply tired of getting viruses all the time.  That was the
first time I'd met anyone who'd made the switch for that reason.

Bob