2006 Feb 23 18:38

Re: [vox-tech] OT: Automated Audio recording

Re: [vox-tech] OT: Automated Audio recording

On 02/21/2006 03:23 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
Charles McLaughlin wrote:

On 02/21/2006 02:40 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:

snip...

Also, would I have to do some custom wiring splicing to power the Ipod off a 12v? I'm not even sure how I would do that with a USB plug. I know how with serial, has anyone done it with USB?

Perhaps car cigarette lighter power adapter would work? On one side there is the iPod dock connector and the other side has cigarette lighter connector. I'm pretty sure that is 12v.

If it has a cigratte adapter plug I can work with that, I'm assuming its a typical DC device plug that I can find an end for at Radio shack.
What model of iPOD are you using since the newer one's seem different?

I have a 40 GB iPod - "4th Generation w/ Click Wheel". There are several car chargers available. This is the car adapter I use:
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=149006

I chose that one because it has a 1/8" line-out jack, which I hard-wired that to my car stereo using a RCA-to-Honda CD changer adapter.

Charles