2006 Feb 21 14:28

[vox-tech] OT: Automated Audio recording

[vox-tech] OT: Automated Audio recording

I'm hoping someone on this list knows of or works for a company that can make and audio recording device that meets the following requirements. I thought that even an embedded linux device might work (hence, why this list)

1. Takes audio line input and records it to a hard drive. (At least 20GB)
2. Low power - power supply is a 12v 4500mAh recharged by solar
3. Fits in a small box (10"x8"x8") with the battery - we could by a bigger box
4. Some way to transfer the files off - Serial, USB etc.

Optional
1. Turns on when audio input comes in OR is on a timer OR trigger by light sensor (solar) - it's for night work only.
2. Compress the audio on input.
3. A file display so you know whats on the drive.

It seems like all the mp3 players out there that had a line in (not mic) aren't for sale anymore.

I had tried to purchase:
DMC XClef 500 http://www.digmind.com/store/index_500.html
but the company appears to have vanished, at least they haven't picked up the phone or answered calls for 4 months.

Alex

PS: If you work for a company that might be able to make these email me off list.