2006 Feb 20 12:31

[vox-tech] Irritating KDE Error Message

Today I started getting an irritating error message when booting into KDE:

"Could not start kdeinit.  Check your installation."

When the message comes up on this system (Debian testing), KDE stops booting.
But if I click "OK," then KDE resumes booting.  So far I haven't seen
anything on KDE that is not working.  (I'm typing this message in Kmail.)

I've Googled the error message.  From what I've read the message is usually
bad news.  When people get it, KDE doesn't start.  But for me, it's just a
minor irritation since all I have to do is click on "OK" and everything
works.

So I assume that I should just ignore the problem rather than play around and
really mess the system up.  Do people agree with this "solution?"  Does
someone know of an easy fix?

Thank you.

Bob