2006 Feb 09 07:36

Re: [vox-tech] cygwin - segfault on array allocation

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:22:35AM -0800, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 12:15:52PM -0800, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 02:47:04PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > > On Wed 08 Feb 06, 11:29 AM, Micah J. Cowan <micah@cowan.name> said:
> [snip]
> > > How does one gain this kind of knowledge at fingertips?
> >
> > Er, one buys a copy of the appropriate standards, and spends some
> > quality time on comp.lang.c and comp.lang.c++ (not that I do that any
> > more). :-)  ...it also helps to be somewhat obsessive-compulsive about
> > standard-conformance (which you can acquire by spending time at the
> > above USENET groups :) ).
>
> Or... you can google for the standard and you'll find many websites that
> give you the summary of the major features, which is what I generally
> do.

There was a joke at comp.lang.c that citations from the standard are so
frequent, and over a sufficiently broad range of locations, that one
could farm out the complete text of the standard programatically from
the USENET posts...

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name