2006 Feb 07 12:00

Re: [vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

Re: [vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

First, let me apologize for the formatting. Still
haven't recompiled Pine to support SMTP-Authentication
that is required for my ISP so using their rather
subpar webmail interface which has very narrow
wordwrap settings.

Given the timing of the issue and the range of
symptoms, are you sure you have not been infected with
the MyWife worm[0]? In particular, if others at work
have access to this machine, they could have been
"click happy". If the tech support folks (or whomever
have admin access) are known for being "click happy",
it could also explain their desire to heap all the
blame onto you. Nothing like shifting the blame to
cover one's own mistake these days it seems. I would
suggest starting with a virus scan since it could have
been the reboot that caused the issue more-so than the
Acrobat install.

[0]
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/904420.mspx