2006 Feb 06 15:08

Re: [vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

Re: [vox-tech] windows support, unfortunately

Micah J. Cowan wrote:

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 01:46:30PM -0800, MB wrote:

< I have hosed up many windoze boxes ;) >

Are you /sure/? IME, they tend to be quite adept at doing that
themselves. :-)

(Disclaimer: I can't actually claim this to be true anymore; XP seems to
be a quite more stable platform than its predecessors, and I can't
recall actually having to reinstall it yet.)

Very true. On your disclaimer though.... xp may be infinitely more stable than its predecessors, but you are not setting the bar very high. I have sucessfully hosed up lots of xp boxes with "updates", or installing two windoze updates without rebooting in between, and on and on.

-M