2006 Jan 30 15:13

Re: [vox-tech] gcc easy question

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 11:13:25AM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
I guess what I'm confused about it that I'm running.
$./configure
Ah, maybe ask ./configure if there are any "--prefix" options you can set.
Then, for example, you can "install" it into /home/alex/tmp/ and then
tar up the contents of that directory.

Of course, I'm not 100% sure what you want your end result to be.
A package?  (e.g., DEB or RPM)  Simply a .tar.gz that someone can open up
and run from?
Get this - windows exe built in cygwin.

Is this your own app, or something you downloaded and are trying to build
for yourself or someone else?

Someone else, http://www.gdal.org/

It's basically because I need 1 GIS function for a python app I wrote and I couldn't figure out how to do it with the python lib for the program, the SWIG bindings were incomplete. So I just hit the pre-built exe from a command line call in python, but then there was a bug which was fixed in the cvs specifically for me so I need to build a new copy.

It works I'm just trying to figure out how to drop 40MB of extra fat when my inital program is only 13 MB, seems like a lot of extra weight.

Thanks,
Alex

"Wish I knew more C" - Anyone recommend a good text, I obviously didn't learn much from that one CS course I took.