2006 Jan 26 13:16

Re: [vox-tech] Need to bypass Squid proxy

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:41:28AM -0800, MB wrote:
> Unfortunately (or fortunately), squid WILL proxy SSL and regular web
> sessions.  It will also proxy other connections like ftp.  Squid happens
> to be a *very* powerful proxy.

I'm aware that squid will proxy SSL, at least on non-transparent
connections (I do that often). I don't see how it can do that
transparently: It doesn't know the server's private key. It could use a
totally /separate/ key to pretend to be the server, and then pretend to
be the client to the server, but that would be wrong, wrong, WRONG, and
I very much doubt the developers of squid make it do that.

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name