2006 Jan 26 08:44

Re: [vox-tech] Need to bypass Squid proxy

På 2006-01-26, skrev Ehrhart, Jay:
> I have a Linux proxy server filtering all my outbound web traffic.  All
> traffic leaving the proxy assumes the proxy IP address.
>
> I have an internal web site and I need that web server to see the
> originating IP address of my internal web traffic.
>
> How can I make that one IP address or url bypass the proxy?  Can I use
> Squid or iptables and if so how do I set it up?

It it a transparent proxy? If not then you can just turn off the proxy
for that address in your web browser. E.g., Firefox has a box labeled
"no proxy for:" in its preferences (under connection settings).

You can configure Squid to refrain from caching sites matching an
address pattern but connections will still originate from the proxy
server, so the previous is your best bet.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13