2006 Jan 26 20:01

Re: [vox-tech] xfig and connector lines

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Jonathan Stickel wrote:

[snip]
> have the most experience with xfig.  I just realized, though, that xfig
> does not seem to support connector lines: lines that connect objects and
> stretch appropriately if those objects are later moved.  This web
> article says xfig CAN do this:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/82756/
[snip]

Here's an example:

  1. Create two rectangles.

  2. Select the "polyline" drawing tool.

  3. Connect two rectangles using the polyline.  Insert at least
     two joints.

  4. Select the move tool.

  5. Select the "Smart Links" button on the bottom of the window.

  6. There are three options: "Off", "Move", and "Slide".

The "Move" and "Slide" options cause different move behaviors.  One of
them probably works the way you want it to.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius