2006 Jan 26 00:02

[vox-tech] xfig and connector lines

As part of my new job I will need to make engineering drawings. My coworkers are using M$ Visio for this. Naturally, I wanted to see if free software could work as well for me. Dia seems a good choice, but I have the most experience with xfig. I just realized, though, that xfig does not seem to support connector lines: lines that connect objects and stretch appropriately if those objects are later moved. This web article says xfig CAN do this:

http://lwn.net/Articles/82756/

but I spent 2 hours on google and poking around in xfig, and I cannot figure out how! Does anyone on this list know how to do connector lines in xfig?

Jonathan