2006 Jan 21 15:41

Re: [vox-tech] java

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 05:20:58PM -0800, Matin Hashemi wrote:
> I set JAVA_HOME env var to $HOME/j2sdk1.4.2_10    It didn't solve the
> problem  :-(

Okay. Check out
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Enterprise-Java-for-Linux-HOWTO-2.html

According to this, you should have

  JAVA_HOME=$HOME/j2sdk1.4.2_10
  PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH
  CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/classes.zip:.

Don't forget to export all of these. To make sure they're really
accessible to programs you run, look through the output of env.

HTH,
Micah Cowan