2006 Jan 20 14:30

Re: [vox-tech] Debian Boot Problem

On Thursday 19 January 2006 01:49 pm, Troy Arnold wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 01:11:21PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
>

> > Does anybody know what to do about this irritating problem?
>
> Yeah, I got it too.  For possible solutions see:
> http://tinyurl.com/96jw9
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/browse_thread/thread/1469
>1c4613b454e8/281dfed02907301c>

This is an example of the relatively unusual situation where Debian pays off
for the non-geek.  Or in my case it pays off for the Bewbie (a person with
years of Linux experience with nothing to show for it but a good time).

Last week Ken Bloom responded with a list of suggestions in response to my
complaint that k3b was not available for testing.  His primary suggestion for
dealing with the problem translates as:  "Do Nothing."

In other words, don't worry about Debian problems because apt will take care
of them in time.

My boot problem is another example.  Today apt brought me "e2fsprogs".  So
today my boot problem ended.  It looks like I can boot Debian without
irritation, and keep my computer set to local time.

Bob