2006 Jan 15 23:31

[vox-tech] Debian Net Install Questions

To do a Debian net-install of testing you download a relatively small (100mb)
image.  After you install a base system, you then use apt to build what you
want.

Debian keeps coming out with newer images every so often.  Suppose one has an
older image; one that is 6 or 10 or 12 months old.  If one wanted to install
Debian is there any advantage of downloading the more recent image?  It seems
to me that the old one should work because apt will update everything, right?

Here's another question.  I got the feeling from a recent post that Ken Bloom
uses unstable.  Do others use unstable?  Why would one choose unstable over
testing?

Thank you.

Bob