2006 Jan 15 12:05

[vox-tech] subversion - setting the svn:ignore property

[vox-tech] subversion - setting the svn:ignore property

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to set the svn:ignore property.

There's a repository that includes a directory:

   smarty/templates_c

with lots of 'stuff' in it.  I'd like for svn to ignore anything in this
directory.  I'd also like svn to ignore any file in the repository that ends
with ".swp" (vim swap files).

I tried:

   svn propset svn:ignore 'smarty/templates_c/*'

but get:

   svn: Explicit target required ('smarty/templates_c/*' interpreted as prop
   value)

What's the magic here?

Thanks,
Pete