2006 Jan 14 17:21

[vox-tech] Apt vs. Compiling

I love K3b, and actually use it to back up my business files in Windows 98
since I don't like my CD burning EULA in Windows.  But K3b is not yet
available in Debian testing.  (I use it in SuSE.)

Suppose I downloaded K3b and compiled it in Debian.  Then suppose that K3b
later becomes available in testing.  What would apt do?  Would it update the
compiled program?  Or does apt ignore the programs that apt did not
originally install?

Thank you.

Bob