2006 Jan 10 21:44

[vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

[vox-tech] Replacing FC with Kubuntu in Dual Boot env.

I've decided I'm fed up with Fedora, and I'd like to switch over to Kubuntu on
all my systems.  I've switched to Kubuntu on my desktop workstation, and I'm
pleased with the results; it feels more stable, and it's nice to use a distro
that is actually built around KDE instead of just giving grudging support to
it.

My laptop is currently dual-booted between Windows XP and Fedora Core 3.  I'd
like to change out that Fedora partition to Kubuntu, but I'm worried about
GRUB and my MBR.  Will I be safe installing Kubuntu over Fedora Core, or will
I completely hose my system?  My current plan is to simply reformat the FC
partition with Partition Magic, and install Kubuntu.

"That which does not kill me makes me stranger."
    -Llewellyn, from Ozy & Millie