2006 Jan 10 21:00

Re: [vox-tech] X resolution problems

On Tue 10 Jan 06,  4:43 PM, Kenneth Herron <kherron+lugod@fmailbox.com> said:
> The first thing I'd do is to access your monitor's setup menu. Most
> monitors built in the last several years will display the
> characteristics of the video signal it's receiving. See if it's
> receiving a 320x200 signal or something else.
>
> It may be as simple as adjusting your monitor so that the 320x200 signal
> fills the screen.

Unfortunately, it appears that the monitor doesn't have this capability.

I wonder if this is a problem with the i810 driver?  I saw some references
on Google to the warning:

(1152x864,Generic Monitor) mode clock 100000MHz exceeds DDC maximum 140MHz
(320x200,Generic Monitor) mode clock 100000MHz exceeds DDC maximum 140MHz
(1600x1200,Generic Monitor) mode clock 162MHz exceeds DDC maximum 140MHz

A 100 GHz mode clock for 320x200 seems excruciatingly unreasonable...

Pete