January 6: Social gathering
2006 Jan 10 07:56

Re: [vox-tech] Linux to Linux printing

Henry House wrote:
På 2006-01-08, skrev Alex Mandel:
[...]

What's a good way to confirm that I'm hitting port 631 on the machine over the network, or that the Cups server is broadcasting, so I know if the problem is still server config or my desktop machine?

Have you tried

- port-scanning the server from the client machine using nmap?
- running netstat -lpt on the server to see whether it is listening on that
  port?
- manually connecting to the server's port from the client using telnet and
  typing things to provoke a response?
Thanks, those commands really shed come light on the situation. The server is definately not opening port 631 outside itself, and I've confirmed, no firewall is running.
I tried adding the following lines, without the (comments) of course, to the cupsd.conf and restarting after each one, but nothing seemed to change the nmap or netstat results
Listen 127.0.0.1:631 (defualt)
Port 631 (Theoretically any computer should be able to hit the port)
Listen 192.168.1.102 (My desktop machine)
> Listen 192.168.1.102:631(My desktop machine)
Listen owl:631 (My desktop machine)
> Listen Owl:631 (My desktop machine)
Listen Coyote:631 (the server)
Listen coyote:631 (the server)