January 6: Social gathering
2006 Jan 03 23:16

Re: [vox-tech] Linux to Linux printing

I've been looking into Cups but I can never figure out the ipp connection string.
Tonight I tried ipp://192.168.1.105:631/printers/HL-5150D
but that just gave me an unable to connect message.
I also read that I should get a web interface if I browse to http://192.168.1.105:631
-nothing
checking ps -A, cupsd is running and the printer is configured as the samba connection works.
I'm pretty sure I'm not running a firewall on that machine, and my websites, apache and such all come up ok.

On another note, when printing from win200 I sometimes get an extra page that says:
ERROR: timeout
OFFENDING COMMAND: timeout

Stack:

Thanks, Alex