2006 Jan 02 23:47

Re: [vox-tech] linux, lotus notes, palm os handheld

On Monday 02 January 2006 08:45 pm, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> So, I would love to hear suggestions, experiences, etc.  If I can't make
> something work, I am afraid I will end up using windows at work 90% of
> the time, if not more!

Get the free VMware Player from www.vmware.com.  You can run Windows
in a virtual machine under Linux, or vice versa.

To create the virtual machine you can use the free 30-day trial of
VMware Workstation; or else just start with their Browser Appliance
which is a stripped-down Ubuntu 5.10 (run apt-get or Synaptic to add
any other packages you want).

See http://sunsetsystems.com/ss_server.php for some screenshots of
Ubuntu running in vmplayer.

-- Rod