January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

On Thursday 22 December 2005 11:10 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Important words -- they belong somewhere where other people can read them.
> If you cared, perhaps you should say this on the development blog at sf.net?

OK, done:

http://blog.dev.sf.net/index.php?/archives/31-SourceForge.net-Search-Enhancement.html#comments

though I left out the embarrassment part.  :-)

> The engineers do appear to read and and care aobut comments.
>
> I basically posted a really pissed-off comment asking why subversion was
> taking so long while sf.net developers were worrying about a "site
> facelift".  Got a fairly fast response to my comment by a developer.

I just noticed that.  The reply didn't seem very helpful.

> Anyway, don't forget the sync delay between developer cvs and public cvs.
> They mercifully cut it down from a whopping 24+ hours to 5 hours.  I wish I
> understood why they need to separate developer cvs from anonymous cvs in the
> first place.

Well my problem is that the cvs login was failing to connect,
eventually timing out.  I got it to work this morning but it was
very slow.

-- Rod