Re: [vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

On Thu 22 Dec 05, 10:49 AM, Rod Roark <rod@sunsetsystems.com> said:
> On Wednesday 21 December 2005 08:51 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > I was just told that subversion will be coming to sf.net "early in the new
> > year".  Keep your fingers crossed!
>
> I've seen vague promises like that for a few months now.  I wonder
> why this is so hard for them?  Subversion does already exist!

>From a developer's blog post, it sounded like they had to "order hardware"
for subversion.  I'm not sure why, though.  It also said that there were
currently no plans to eliminate cvs: both cvs and svn would co-exist.
Seems crazy to me.  Still doesn't explain the time delay (unless the
hardware is being shipped in from Neptune.)

> I have several other annoyances with SourceForge.  Anonymous CVS
> access is completely broken, and seemingly has been for months.
> Forum posting is crude, there's no preview, and recently it seems if
> you enter a double quote character it comes up as "&quot;" in your
> posted message and there's no way to go back and fix it.  If I go to
> a project's home page and then log in, I have to then navigate back
> to the home page again (actually that would not be so annoying if
> SourceForge were not so slow).
>
> Frankly, I think SF is becoming an embarrassment to the FOSS
> community.  I'm surprised that more projects don't just do
> everything from their own web sites.

Important words -- they belong somewhere where other people can read them.
If you cared, perhaps you should say this on the development blog at sf.net?
The engineers do appear to read and and care aobut comments.

I basically posted a really pissed-off comment asking why subversion was
taking so long while sf.net developers were worrying about a "site
facelift".  Got a fairly fast response to my comment by a developer.

Anyway, don't forget the sync delay between developer cvs and public cvs.
They mercifully cut it down from a whopping 24+ hours to 5 hours.  I wish I
understood why they need to separate developer cvs from anonymous cvs in the
first place.

Pete