January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 10:49:33AM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 December 2005 08:51 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > I was just told that subversion will be coming to sf.net "early in the new
> > year".  Keep your fingers crossed!
>
> I've seen vague promises like that for a few months now.  I wonder
> why this is so hard for them?  Subversion does already exist!
>
> I have several other annoyances with SourceForge.  Anonymous CVS
> access is completely broken, and seemingly has been for months.
> Forum posting is crude, there's no preview, and recently it seems if
> you enter a double quote character it comes up as """ in your
> posted message and there's no way to go back and fix it.  If I go to
> a project's home page and then log in, I have to then navigate back
> to the home page again (actually that would not be so annoying if
> SourceForge were not so slow).

These are very specific technical complaints. Perhaps you should
browse SF.net for a few minutes to figure out where to send these
complaints to. I'm sure they'd be very willing to help improve their
service now that you've spotted these things.

--Ken