Re: [vox-tech] Oocalc question: exporting text (CSV) as formatted inGUI

On Wed 21 Dec 05,  5:33 AM, Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> said:
> På 2005-12-20, skrev Alex Mandel:
> > Here's a work around. Make a new column and put this
> > =(HOUR(A1)&":"&MINUTE(A1))
> > Assuming your time field is A1,this will effectively convert your time
> > field to a text field.
> >
> > Excel apparently does it correctly, which I'm a bit surprised at so ya,
> > you should follow the other advice and report the bug.
>
> That is surprising since Excel is pretty buggy in my (limited) experience,
> at least w.r.t. its algorithms.

Just curious --- what bugs have you found?  I've always had good experiences
with Excel.

> Thanks for the workaround.  Incidentally, is there any non-painful way to
> force Oocalc to open a text file as a text-to-spreadsheet import from the
> command line? The obvious 'oocalc foo.txt' always opens up in Oowriter not
> Oocalc.

I took a second to look through openoffice (which is a shell script).  I
can't find how "oocalc" is any different from "oowriter" or any of the other
"oo" scripts.  Actually, they are the same.  Wonder why they're not
symlinks...

To me, this feels like a misguided "feature".  Perhaps a bug.  If nobody
responds, I would file a wishlist or bug item with BTS.

If there's no response, try an OO forum and I'd appreciate knowing whatever
you find out!

Pete (who hated star writer, and who now hates openoffice)