Re: [vox-tech] open source personals

On Mon 19 Dec 05,  5:23 AM, Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com> said:
> På 2005-12-18, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> > Interest is definitely there.  Unfortunately, the free time isn't.  But if
> > some people wanted to collaborate to cook something up, I would definitely
> > be an active part of it.  Just can't do it alone.
>
> It sounds interesting to me as well, though my free-time availability is
> similar to Peter's. Were you thinking of something geographically based that
> could be run by or loose in association with a LUG?

Pretty much; I was thinking of something geographically based (as in, search
by region or by 'opportunity type') run by pretty much anybody kind enough
to donate free time.  If that happens to be mainly LUG members, then so be
it.   :)

I was also thinking of using existing software, rather than DYI, like a PHP
forum/portal.  Maybe using mambo or whatever it got forked into.

Pete