January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 04:51:53PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> On Thu 15 Dec 05,  1:46 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> said:

> > > Completely.  That was an excellent response; thank you!
> > >
> > > It really seems like someone sat down with pen and paper and wrote out all
> > > the things that suck about cvs, and fixed it with subversion.
> >
> > Is this in regard to hiding .c~ and .o files and the like?
> > In CVS, that's what ".cvsignore" files are for, I believe.  :)
> >
> > If it's regarding something else, then ignore me. ;)
>
> it was for EVERYTHING else.  ;)   if you haven't used subversion, i can't
> urge strongly enough to get rid of cvs and use svn today.  you'll kick
> yourself for not doing so earlier!

I've only started fairly recently myself, and I have to agree. It's just
/too/ damn easyy-to-use. In fact, the only hitches in switching to svn
from cvs, mentally, is unlearning what things used to be more
complicated in cvs. And "svn help" rocks.

-Micah