[vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

[vox-tech] subversion: print non-versioned files in directory

hi all,

i've been using subversion for a little while now, and everytime i do, i
thank my lucky stars.  it completely blows away cvs in every way.

one thing i'm not seeing is how to get svn to print out files that are not
under version control.

for example, suppose you do a global "cvs commit" and there's a file named
'foo' in the directory but it isn't in the cvs repository.  cvs will print:

   satan$ cvs commit
   ? foo
   satan$

however, svn is silent about such files.  i almost always do NOT want to see
files like foo, but sometimes i DO want to see which files are present but
not in subversion's repository.

   satan$ svn commit
   satan$

is there a way to print such files in subversion?

thx,
pete