[vox-tech] printing 4 pages per single page

[vox-tech] printing 4 pages per single page

I recently discovered psnup, which allows me to print 4 pages of postscript
to 1 page of text.

The text is sometimes hard to read because it's so small.  psnup has a scale
factor (which I can't figure out: it appears that a scale factor of .5 means
"normal scale"???).  However, if I scale too much, the postscript pages on a
physical page begin to "overlap".

What I'd really like is some utility that allows me to cut the margins of a
pdf or ps file.  This would allow me to use a larger scale factor and not
have the pages overlap each other.

I'm thinking something like gimp's crop tool.  Its "autoshrink" option,
which auto-crops to a box that *just barely* surrounds the content,  would
be ideal.  Of course, I can't use gimp on a 100 page postscript document,
but this is what I'd like to do.

Are there any utilities out there that would:

   1. crop blank margins of a ps or pdf file

   2. crop margin dimensions specified by me (not ideal, but I could take
      out a ruler and measure the margins myself).

Thanks

Pete