Re: [vox-tech] postfix config file

I don't have one handy (for fedora core 4), but if you:
rpm -qf /etc/postfix/main.cf

It will tell you the package name, then you can just get it off
your install media or just google for it.  Or just use your
package manager (see below).

> I accidentally overwrote my main.cf and I don't feel
> like doing a total system reinstall just to get this.

Reinstalling would be overkill.  The RPM database keeps
track of every file the package manager installs, it's
checksum, and which package it came from.  So you can ask.

rpm --verify postfix-2...

Will likely tell you the checksum for main.cf changed.

So do something like:
[root@k bill]# rpm -qf /etc/postfix/main.cf
postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root@k bill]# rpm --verify postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
S.5....T. c /etc/postfix/main.cf  #note the 5 means md5sum changed
[root@k bill]# yum remove postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root@k bill]# yum install postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root@k bill]# rpm --verify postfix-2.1.5-4.2.RHEL4
[root@k bill]# #no output means all files match the checksum