Re: [vox-tech] Python Imaging Library

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 02:15:57PM -0800, Matthew Lange wrote:
> Received this warning about mismatch version when trying to install PIL.,
> wondering how to fix:
>
> -bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/python2.3/bin/python selftest.py
>
> PIL/Image.py:52: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module
> _imaging: This Python has API version 1012, module _imaging has version
> 1011.

I'm not a Python user, really, but it looks to me like the PIL binaries
you've installed/are installing don't match up with the Python binary
you have installed.

How are you installing it? How did you install Python?

If you are installing it from source, then make sure that the Python
development stuff (header files, etc) are at the same version as the
Python binaries.

HTH,
Micah