2005 Nov 15 11:19

Re: [vox-tech] X Cut & Paste (was Kmail Question)

Re: [vox-tech] X Cut & Paste (was Kmail Question)

Micah J. Cowan wrote:

Did you know that GTK+ also typically supports Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, with a
separate (internal--not X) copy buffer? Also, deselecting via an arrow
key, or possibly via Ctrl-Shift-A, will not alter the copy buffer.
FYI, the copy/paste feature accessed through Ctrl-C/V/X is a standard X feature, just like the mouse-based left-click/middle-click feature. You can use Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V to cut & paste between a GTK+ app and a KDE app, for example.

You might want to see <http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html>. I've tested a lot of cut & paste bug reports for mozilla and that document is pretty accurate.