2005 Oct 11 22:03

Re: [vox-tech] Wireless Encryption Issue

Re: [vox-tech] Wireless Encryption Issue

Trevor M. Lango wrote:
On Tuesday 11 October 2005 08:05 am, David Hummel wrote:

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 01:27:16AM -0700, Trevor M. Lango wrote:

I have encountered a rather odd issue at school.  In my department
there are two available wireless networks.  One has a 64 bit
encryption key and one has a 128 bit encryption key.  I can connect to
the higher encryption key network without incident but dhcp times out
on the other.  Any ideas?
Is it possible that either WPA or some kind of EAP is being used?
I am fairly certain that it is using WEP.

What about a MAC address access list?
Are the keys provided to you physically or is it set to be automatically retrieved from the network?
Are you sure you have the right key, and are you putting it in as a String or the encrpyted code? A 64bit should be quite a bit shorter in length than a 128bit?

Alex