2005 Oct 21 00:25

[fwd] Re: [vox-tech] Wireless-to-ethernet bridges

Seth accidentally posted from a  non-sub'd address:

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:03:49 -0700
From: Seth Nagao <dokuja@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Wireless-to-ethernet bridges
To: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

> > On Friday 07 October 2005 10:01 am, Henry House wrote:
> > > - Am I on the right track going with an ethernet bridge?

Absolutely.  As a recent convert to a fully wireless network at the
new place, I also saw the best linux solution to be a wireless bridge.
 These devices work rather well, and I just want to mention that a
wireless "game adaptor" is the exact same thing, if you're having
trouble finding enough selection.  I used a D-Link gaming adaptor
(http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=333) with a high gain
antenna for my machine and my brother's box uses a Linksys WRT54G
w/Sveasoft firmware in client mode.  My laptop connects via a D-Link
Pocket Router/AP (which also can do client mode), since our network is
54G only.  The reasons I chose these devices were for the price (sales
prices at Fry's) and for WPA compatibility stated on the packaging.
Hope that helps,

--Seth

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com