2005 Oct 07 13:30

Re: [vox-tech] Wireless-to-ethernet bridges

Re: [vox-tech] Wireless-to-ethernet bridges

Henry House wrote:

Actually that scenerio is the opposite of what I am trying to do, which is
to add a single device that has an ethernet interface (my PC) to an existing
wireless network (my housemate's DSL router, which does not offer an
ethernet option).
Your housemate has a single box containing a DSL modem, NAT router and wireless AP with no ethernet port? Or do they have a AP+router with only one ethernet port (attached to the modem?)

If the latter another possibility is to buy your housemate a new router with wireless and multiple ethernet ports for their birthday.

That wouldn't be much more expensive, you'd end up with a more standard setup, and it wouldn't necessarily be harder to set up than a bridge.

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department