2005 Aug 31 07:21

Re: [vox-tech] postfix/apache

Quoting Cylar Z (cylarz@yahoo.com):

> However, how do I "uninstall" a manual Postfix install
> so that I can reinstall it using RPM?

Well, that's part of the problem, isn't it?  That's akin to getting all
the bait worms back into the jar -- and is yet another reason why you
really want all installed files known to your package manager, if
feasible.

You could try carefully reading the Makefile, to figure out where it
stows everything when you do "make install", and what filenames it
writes.  Or, you might be able to get away with assuming that a
package-based install will contain the same files, thereby overwriting
the existing files -- which might be true, or might not.  Good luck.