2005 Aug 30 20:31

Re: [vox-tech] Realtime Linux Challenge--Need Help

Re: [vox-tech] Realtime Linux Challenge--Need Help

Hi, well, you'd be welcome to try. Having any kernel experience would be helpful. I don't think this problem is tied into realtime concepts. The trick at this point though is that I'm leaving town on Saturday, and won't be back until the 10th. I then leave again around the 12 or 13th and won't be back until around the 28th. I'm pretty much free for the next two days, but Friday will be a bit busy. I'm retired. I got myself into this schedule compaction by spending a little too much time on an entirely different approach to this software. It looks like it's going nowhere, so I threw up my hands today, and said I need more help than I've been able to muster so far.

Another fellow decided to take a crack at this if I sent him what I generally need to make the kernel and application. I just sent him four files, and directed him to a large one (28M) on the internet. I also included my take on this. If you want to take a crack at it from down there, then I'll send the info on to you too. If you can get up here in the next two days, that's an ideal situation for trying to figure out what's going on. Anyway, I'll leave it to you. Eventually, this thing is going to get solved (again).

Richard Harke wrote:

This sounds interesting. While I don't have specific experience
with rtlinux, I do have lots of experience building and
installing kernels. (IA64 as well as x86)
Also, I'm quite a bit closer than Davis and would consider
making the trip up there. I haven't been up in the hills too much lately
so I need the outing anyway.

Richard Harke