January 6: Social gathering
2005 Aug 30 18:26

[vox-tech] Realtime Linux Challenge--Need Help

[vox-tech] Realtime Linux Challenge--Need Help

I'm looking for someone who has experience with installing rtlinux (real time linux) or is kernel knowledgeable and can do it. I've been running a rtlinux application (meteor detection with special hardware, including a camera) under rtlinux for about 20 months, but it has been out of the water since early this year when my computer died and took rtlinux with it. Whatever I was able to do initially, I have not been able to repeat after many, many attempts. I live 75 miles from Davis but am willing to bring my computer down there if someone can help.

Supposedly, all one needs to do is follow some instructions (2 pages) and use the patches provided. That only worked once for me. This needs someone with more knowledge than I have. If all goes as it should, it should take 2 hours; however, something seems amiss, so I'd expect it to take longer.

Wayne Watson (530) 265-3378
Obz Site: 39 15' 7" N, 121 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

Web Page: <home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews>