2005 Aug 23 05:05

Re: [vox-tech] NFS mounting a VFAT filesystem - uid and gid

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:15:58AM -0700, Ken Herron wrote:
> Marc Elliot Hall wrote:

> >>Okay, on "tiny", files on the partition should have UID 501, GID 82,
> >>and
> >>umask 000. Is that what actually happens?
> >>

> >No, it's not. At least, not now.
> >

> If tiny isn't assigning the right permissions to the VFAT mount, then
> what permissions is it assigning? And how exactly is this an NFS
> problem? If the permissions are incorrect on the original VFAT mount,
> then it's hardly surprising that another host mounting the partition
> through NFS would see the incorrect permissions.

You are correct. This no longer appears to be related to the NFS part of
the mounting process. Rather, it appears that tiny isn't correctly
executing the mount of the VFAT partition and that NFS is working as
it should.

I'm continuing to investigate in that direction.

Marc Elliot Hall
621 River Moss Drive
St. Peters, MO 63376
Home: 636-922-0752