2005 Aug 17 10:27

Re: [vox-tech] Fwd: Device Error

I just tested this on a Fedora box I have, and I get the same error. It looks it can be ignored, though. Just click "OK" and then click on "Devices".

Jonathan

Bill Kendrick wrote:
Bruce Winterhalder posted this from a non-subscribed address, so I'm
passing it along to the list for him...

----- Begin forwarded message -----

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:49:10 -0700
From: Bruce Winterhalder <bwinterhalder@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Device Error

Folks:
A few months ago I attended an install fest to have Linux put onto my
IBM X40, dual boot laptop. With some help from Tux Magazine I have been
quite happily finding my way through a transition from dependence on MS
software.
I have Kernel#2.6.11-1.35_FC3 as the Fedora Core operating system, and
KDEbase 6:3.4.2-0.fc3.2 for the desktop environment. I update all
installed packages weekly using Synaptic.
The desktop, particularly Konqueror, is the source of a new and minor
problem. If I click on the devices tab in Konqueror I get the error message:
"Cannot find parent item media:/ in the tree. Internal error" This
prevents me, for instance, from getting to a flash drive, something that
worked flawlessly until yesterday.
I have tried reinstalling KDEbase but believe the reintall is aborted
by an "APT system report. E: Error while running transaction. . .already
installed." In any case, that hasn't addressed the problem.
I would appreciate suggestions about solving this. Thanks in advance,
and thanks in retrospect for the Installfest that got me moving in this
direction.
Bruce