January 6: Social gathering
2005 Aug 10 13:58

Re: [vox-tech] USB-DVD burner

Richard Harke wrote:
My wife has an external USB DVD reader/writer which I
thought I'd try. I get some lines in dmesg when I power it up
but I can't find it with dvdrecord -scanbus
I have an ATAPI CD burner which works fine. I suspect that its
presence may interfere with the USB model. I've googled until
I'm google-eyed. I found one persons remark that he had it
working fine now, the hard part was determining the /dev
to use. He didn't say what worked, however.

I've had a USB dvdrw drive working, but it was awhile ago. I've been using K3b for cd/dvd burning for so long that I don't know how to do command line troubleshooting of optical drives anymore. Most everything "just works" with K3b.

Jonathan