2005 Aug 10 12:43

[vox-tech] USB-DVD burner

My wife has an external USB DVD reader/writer which I
thought I'd try. I get some lines in dmesg when I power it up
but I can't find it with dvdrecord -scanbus
I have an ATAPI CD burner which works fine. I suspect that its
presence may interfere with the USB model. I've googled until
I'm google-eyed. I found one persons remark that he had it
working fine now, the hard part was determining the /dev
to use. He didn't say what worked, however.

Richard Harke