2005 Aug 07 02:30

Re: [vox-tech] [fwd] Linux Server - Windows Clients

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 03:01:22PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> I'm looking for better ideas on what to do with my shiny Linux server in a
> Windows environment.
<snip>

> I'm no Linux guru. I know that there has to be more I can do with my Linux
> boxen that I'm not thinking of.

Stream music.
Host a LAMP website for prototyping some of those shiny websites you make.
Uh... hmm... I don't do much servery stuff, apparently...

> I'm a user, not a sysadmin. And setting up services on a server is not my
> normal cup of tea.

Fortunately, Debian packagers make a lot of this fairly easy.

> Anyone here have any cool ideas? Or advice on how to implement my admittedly
> vague plans? I've always talked the talk when it comes to Linux. I want to
> walk the walk, too.

Turn you Windows workstation into a server whose desktop you can access
remotely from your shiny new Debian desktop running KDE? ;)