2005 Jul 21 16:31

Re: [vox-tech] WiFi Part II

William Andrew wrote:
Hi there...

The WiFi problem part II

So I have tried lots of places and messed with lots of settings to no avail.
That brings up Jonathan's comment : "you may need to get a different card."

Now if I were to look for the Ideal WiFi card for a ThinkPad T22 running
FedoraCore what would I go looking for? What is the best Linux interface?
I was all set to come in here and recommend DLink brand cards (Prism chipset) as working remarkably well under Linux (for me, anyways) while being regularly found on sale at Fry's; until I did one last Internet search and saw that they've strayed from the light and are putting some non-Linux-supported chipsets in their latest models. Grr.

On the bright side, I found this site, which looks like a handy reference:
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz
(Yes, that's a .gz on the end of that there URL.)

--nicole twn