2005 Jul 14 23:29

[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech Digest, Vol 14, Issue 12

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 12:00:03PM -0700, vox-tech-request@lists.lugod.org wrote:

> Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:45:00 -0700
> From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> Subject: [vox-tech] [getting OT] R statistics language

> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 12:31:04PM -0700, Norm Matloff wrote:

> > R/S+ is multiplatform (the various Unixes, Windows, Macs).

> So, anyone want to do a talk on this language at LUGOD some time!? :)

Seems like this question was asked a few months ago. :-)

I might volunteer at some future time.  Meanwhile, as I said, there is
my mini-tutorial, at

   http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/r.html

It's reasonably good now, but I probably will be adding to it during the
next couple of weeks, as I have a research project which requires me to
use some features I haven't used before.

By the way, an update on the Prosper/Beamer (packages for using LaTeX to
make slide presentations) discussion of last week: I checked it out, and
I must say that Beamer is outstanding, a substantial improvement in
functionality over Prosper.  It needed a bit more work to install than
stated in the instructions, and it does seem that the price paid for
that extra functionality is a steeper learning curve.  I intend to write
up a mini-tutorial on Beamer when I get time, maybe next week.

Norm