2005 Jul 14 13:25

Re: [vox-tech] Disturbing XP Error Message

Re: [vox-tech] Disturbing XP Error Message

You can check for open sessions by right-clicking on "my computer"->manage (Can also be found in the control panel)
Then expand "Shared Folders"->Sessions

If you can't seem to find any users logged on, it won't hurt to run SpyBot and Ad-aware to clean up the machine, this should be standard practice on any windows machine that uses the internet.

Alex

Recently he has been getting this very disturbing error message when he shuts off his computer:

"Other people are logged on this computer. Shutting down Windows might cause them to lose data. Do you wish to continue?"

He says that he is not connected to any file sharing programs or computers. I've heard that XP itself spies on its users. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on here?

Thank you.

Bob